Manage episode 289626440 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode Spencer Price & Henry Michaelson, 2 of the 3 founders of Halla, a real-time personalization AI engine designed for grocers generating increases in basket size & customer retention
Spencer & Henry answers these questions posed to them:
- What were the consumer needs that you as founders identified as the fundamental value proposition that Halla’s solution is trying to address?
- Most grocers (and brands for that matter) were caught off guard by the rise in eCommerce stemming from the pandemic. Suddenly, they are investing against the digital shelf. How does personalization play a role in satisfying consumer needs?
- Bad substitutions is something most of us have experienced particularly in the last year with our increased use of online grocery shopping, what role does Halla play with helping grocers prevent substitution fails?
- How does your solution address the area of meal planning, particularly as it relates to specific food lifestyles like gluten-free, Non-GMO, Fair Trade, etc.?
- What is the role of food shopping in preventative healthcare and how does your solution seek to enable this?
- The physical store checkout lane has long been a margin-rich impulse sales opportunity for grocers. How can personalization play a role in this area and how does this translate to the digital shelf?
- What are the essential value & complexity elements of a decision algorithm that will drive meaningful personalization?
- Your company authored a recent blog post on what grocers can learn from Spotify. Would you please share with our audience your thoughts on this?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.