Manage episode 289501104 series 2835309
The CPG Guys, Sri & PVSB, are joined in this episode by Darnley Merzier-Bryan, founder & President of Merzier Process Group, a CVE certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB) and Women-Owned Small Business information technology (IT) consulting firm founded in 2008 and headquartered in the Washington D.C. Metro area. Merzier's entire client focus is on the U.S. federal Government.
Darnley answers these questions posed to her:
- Take us through the journey of how you started up a process improvement company and began working as a US Federal Government contractor?
- Working with the US government must mean process and a lot of patience I guess in securing contracts? If true, how do you navigate it and work with it since this is your business?
- What prompted you in the first place to move from Haiti to the United States? Has the journey been anything like you anticipated?
- What’s the DNA of a startup? What ticks, what results in growth? Are there hacks?
- What are the different services your offer the US Federal government? How do you find contracts?
- How is it to resource, staff and manage a team? How do you balance delegating vs owning it yourself?
- You are a female entrepreneur and so is your partner in this business. Is this harder to compete as a woman-owned contractor?
- If someone wants to focus on the Federal Government as a client for their product or service, are there specific places online they can go to identify these opportunities and learn how to structure a proposal as part of the procurement process? And how can they promote their services for opportunities that may not have yet been conceived by the US Government?
Please provide the CPG Guys feedback at http://ratethispodcast.com/cpgguys
CPG Guys Website: http://CPGGuys.com
Media Kit: http://tinyurl.com/cpgguysmedia
DISCLAIMER: The content in this podcast episode is provided for general informational purposes only. By listening to our episode, you understand that no information contained in this episode should be construed as advice from CPGGUYS, LLC or the individual author, hosts, or guests, nor is it intended to be a substitute for research on any subject matter. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by CPGGUYS, LLC. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. The views expressed by the CPGGUYS, LLC do not represent the views of their employers or the entity they represent.
CPGGUYS LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, or inability to use this podcast or the information we presented in this podcast.