Manage episode 342652333 series 2763223
This week I ran a live Q&A answering your questions about anxiety. Thank you for everyone who submitted a question or joined me live. I hope it was helpful!
These are the questions I answered
- How can we support an anxious child who’s missing out on experiences they’d probably enjoy?
- How can PE be better in school for children with autism?
- How should parents of children with mental health issues deal with their own anxiety?
- How do we get the balance between listening to our fears and blasting away negative thoughts?
- I’m calmly supporting anxious students whilst managing my own anxiety, I feel a lot of imposter syndrome
- My son gets very anxious at night and it stops him from going to sleep. Have you got any advice?
- What are your thoughts on medication for anxiety, particularly for children?
If today’s episode piqued your interest, you might be interested in the following:
- VIDEO: Video recording of this Q&A
- VIDEO: Anxiety - Avoiding avoidance - why & how
- RESOURCE: Cards Against Anxiety
- VIDEO: Distress tolerance skills - the 'ACCEPT' skills DBT
- VIDEO: Using Your Child's Motivations to Drive Behaviour Change
- VIDEO PLAYLIST: Anxiety Hacks
- GUIDE: Simple Phrases for Calming Anxious Children
- GUIDE: How to Support a Child Who is Having a Panic Attack
- GUIDE: Six Simple Breathing Strategies
- GUIDE: Back to School Anxiety - How To Help
- GUIDE: Supporting Children Who Struggle to Go to School
You can find me in the following places:
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/pookyh
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pookyh
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PookyKnightsmithMentalHealth
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pooky/
- Podcast: https://pookyh.buzzsprout.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pookyh
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/pookyh
- Website: https://www.pookyknightsmith.com
If you like my podcast, please take a moment to rate or review it on Apple Podcasts - this aids discovery (and makes me smile)