Manage episode 317745917 series 2989039
Jay Shetty talks to NBA legend Dwyane Wade about his journey on and off the court. From staying true to his spiritual belief through every game and creating meaningful relationships with his family and friends to helping and building a community out of passion and goodwill and looking past the present to be able to do more.
As a three-time NBA Champion, Olympic Gold medalist, and thirteen-time NBA All-Star, Dwyane Wade has experienced a whirlwind career. Wade officially retired from the NBA after sixteen years following his 2018-19 season. His #OneLastDance farewell tour included jersey exchanges, gifts, and tributes. Wade partnered with Bleacher Report on a D. Wade World Tour apparel series to celebrate the final season of his career and pay tribute to his influence on and off the court. He received the NBA’s 2012-2013 Community Assist Award in recognition of his efforts in the community and his philanthropic work.
Try our tea & become a member of our tea club today! https://samatea.com/onpurpose.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:57 The emotional journey of putting a picture book together
- 04:19 The beauty of life is always the unknown
- 05:42 In every game, don’t forget to be thankful
- 10:21 Having the right support to lift you in your journey
- 12:10 The value of association
- 14:52 A coach that helps you achieve success
- 17:00 When you think differently and look at things differently
- 19:14 Being open gives you experiences you haven’t imagine
- 21:35 When we’re not enjoying the journey
- 24:54 What matters is YOU
- 29:54 Maintaining great relationships despite a difficult childhood
- 31:56 Creating moments with people and living through the memories
- 36:02 From a powerless youth to a man with a voice
- 38:02 Support the people who are doing the work on the ground
- 40:19 Develop yourself through professionals
- 42:16 The legend that is Kobe Bryant
- 44:20 Why should you be happy every morning?