Manage episode 318395140 series 2989039
What is pattern interruption? It is the core value to successfully break a bad habit. To successfully embrace change, you need to change the usual. You need to alter your routine. You need to adjust the patterns you are so used to following and replace it with a new one. In truth, you can’t remove something without replacing it with something better.
In this episode, Jay Shetty shares simple yet doable ways to gradually break free from unwanted habits to form new and meaningful ones.
Try our tea & become a member of our tea club today! https://samatea.com/onpurpose. Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:10 How do we break habits?
- 01:56 Step #1: Realize it did serve you at one point
- 06:54 Step #2: Realize what’s motivating you
- 10:15 Step #3: Know every single trigger
- 13:13 Step #4: Remove the triggers that don’t need to be in close proximity
- 15:28 Step #5: Create a system for each trigger you can’t remove
- 16:57 Step #6: Having someone you call just when you’re about to mess up
- 18:11 Step #7: Finding replacements
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!