Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on October 30, 2023 13:36 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 360920192 series 3437230
Now that you’ve got the foundation to be more present in the last episode, you’re in a way better place to begin to shift into a more centered and empowered way of being.
In this Part-2 episode, you’ll learn a tangible and practical tool for regulating yourself and being more centered around your kids.
So when you become aware of being in a state that isn’t really supportive of you or the people around you, you’ll be able to do something about it in a way that’s mindful, conscious, and kind.
It’s truly a skill to cultivate centeredness and fortunately, every skill can be learned.
And one way of practicing this skill is to learn a basic Embodied Centering technique (taught to me by my mentor Mark Walsh of Embodiment Unlimited).
It’s the second half of the Embodied Check-In that you learned in the previous episode that will get you to how you actually wish to be.
**MAKE SURE to listen to the entire episode to not only learn about this technique but to also be guided by me through it for a felt, sensed experience.
Once you’ve listened to this episode, you can then refer to the details below to continue practicing it on your own:
EMBODIED CHECK-IN & CENTERING (PART 1+2)
- To prepare - download a “Habit Tracker” app on your phone and set 4-6 Embodied Check-In alarms for each day
- Alarm goes off - begin your practice by closing your eyes or gazing downward as you bring your attention and energy back to yourself
- PART 1: A) Awareness - Notice “how you are” by feeling any physical sensations, both uncomfortable and pleasant (weight, temperature, shape, state of breath, etc.)
- Notice “how you are '' by feeling any emotional sensations, both uncomfortable and pleasant (identify the emotion, locate it, colors, etc.)
- For advanced people - notice your mental and energetic state, both uncomfortable and pleasant, and how it shows up in your being
- Take another moment to notice anything else that’s showing up
- And BE with your sensations, accept your sensations, and allow your sensations to happen
- PART 2: B) Balance - Bring physical balance to your posture (forward, back, left, right, up, down)
- Balance your awareness throughout your periphery and even behind you
- C) Core Relaxation - Release the core line of your body (relax eyes, mouth, breath, belly)
- C x2) Connection - Bring to mind someone or something that genuinely warms your heart
- OPTIONAL: Instead of going through the B & C steps, you can simply ask
If you enjoyed this episode make sure to take a screenshot, share it in your IG Stories, and tag me @embodiedritual I would absolutely love to hear from you!
If you’d like to help me support even more people, please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts so that it can reach far and wide. Your input is very much appreciated!
Connect With Cynthia
- Follow on social media via Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok
- Check out some of the Embodied Ritual Resources
- Go to the Embodied Ritual Website
- Hop on a free 30-minute call for 1:1 Coaching
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Leave a review for The Spiritually Embodied Leader Podcast