Manage episode 290007308 series 2296146
By: Brian G. Chilton and Curtis Evelo | April 14, 2021
On this episode of the Bellator Christi Podcast, hosts Brian Chilton and Curtis Evelo discuss the four major viewpoints on hell while also adding a fifth viewpoint that is growing in popularity. They discuss the origins of the various viewpoints and which holds the greatest correlation with biblical teachings.
Before discussing the different viewpoints on hell, Brian and Curtis discuss the misconceptions about the minimal facts argument and why it can be useful to defend other biblical propositions. Also, Brian answers a question sent to BellatorChristi.com about Congruism.
- What are the 4 doctrinal views of hell?
- The Catholic Church holds to the doctrine of purgatory. Historically, when did this belief start? What other religions hold that view?
- What view of hell does the Orthodox Church hold?
- Regarding the universalism, why is the modern church accepting the view more?
- Why is annihilationism becoming so popular? And when did this view really come into the church?
- What would the difference be between conditionalism and “Hindu reincarnation?“
- Which view is the most dangerous? Is there more than one?
Brian Chilton: Founder of Bellator Christi Ministries
Brian G. Chilton is the founder of BellatorChristi.com, the host of The Bellator Christi Podcast, the author of the Layman’s Manual on Christian Apologetics, and is a Ph.D. Candidate of the in Theology and Apologetics program at Liberty University. He received his Master of Divinity in Theology from Liberty University (with high distinction); his Bachelor of Science in Religious Studies and Philosophy from Gardner-Webb University (with honors); and received certification in Christian Apologetics from Biola University. Brian is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. Brian has nearly 20 years of pastoral experience and currently serves as a clinical chaplain.
Curtis Evelo: Co-host and Producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast
Curtis Evelo is a cattle rancher at the E6 Hereford Ranch in St. Ignatius, Montana. Curtis is the co-host and producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast. He often teaches and speaks at his church Cornerstone Faith Center in St. Ignatius. Curtis provides a common-sense approach to Christianity as he contemplates the wonders of God’s creation in Big Sky Country.
Copyright 2021. BellatorChristi.com.