Manage episode 289426266 series 2296146
By: Brian G. Chilton and Curtis Evelo | April 7, 2021
Brian Chilton and Curtis Evelo discuss the 40 days of Jesus’s appearances between his resurrection and ascension. What can we know about Jesus’s appearances? They discuss these issues on the Bellator Christi Podcast.
- After the resurrection Jesus continued his ministry before the ascension and John records something powerful in John 20:30-31
- The 40 days were an essential time for discipleship what key elements were revealed during this time?
- How many people potentially could have interacted with Jesus during this time?
- It sure seems like if the authorities could have “snuffed out” Christianity if they produced a body. How do you think they felt when they couldn’t?
- Even after seeing the resurrected Jesus why did the disciples go back to what they knew (professions) or were they just confused on what to do?
- During the time spent with disciples what was Jesus’s body like?
- Did the early church view the resurrection as the turning point of the Jewish fulfillment of the Messiah?
- Did the beginnings of the “unified Church” start forming at this time?
- Was there potential for creeds and unified prayers to form during this time while Jesus was with them?
Brian Chilton: Founder of Bellator Christi Ministries
Brian G. Chilton is the founder of BellatorChristi.com, the host of The Bellator Christi Podcast, and the author of the Layman’s Manual on Christian Apologetics, and is a Ph.D. Candidate of the Ph.D. in Theology and Apologetics program at Liberty University. He received his Master of Divinity in Theology from Liberty University (with high distinction); his Bachelor of Science in Religious Studies and Philosophy from Gardner-Webb University (with honors); and received certification in Christian Apologetics from Biola University. Brian is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. Brian has nearly 20 years of pastoral experience and currently serves as a clinical chaplain.
Curtis Evelo: Co-host and Producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast
Curtis Evelo is a cattle rancher at the E6 Hereford Ranch in St. Ignatius, Montana. Curtis is the co-host and producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast. He often teaches and speaks at his church Cornerstone Faith Center in St. Ignatius. Curtis provides a common-sense approach to Christianity as he contemplates the wonders of God’s creation in Big Sky Country.
Copyright 2021. BellatorChristi.com.