Manage episode 288884782 series 2296146
By: Brian G. Chilton and Curtis Evelo | March 31, 2021
BellatorChristi.com has featured a series of articles entitled the “Resurrection Defense Series.” In this episode of the Bellator Christi Podcast, Curtis quizzes Brian on some questions that he holds pertaining to the resurrection in general. Brian and Curtis have a lively discussion in this pre-Easter podcast as they proclaim that the best answer to the historical evidence is that Jesus of Nazareth literally rose bodily from the dead on the first Easter Sunday. #Easter #Resurrection
1) How does the resurrection prove God’s existence?
2) What does the proof of the resurrection say about heaven?
3) How does the resurrection prove God’s knowledge, power, and sovereignty?
4) Does Christianity depend on the resurrection being true?
5) If the resurrection was Jesus’s greatest confirmation of his identity and authority, then why did his adversaries reject the confirmation and falsely claim that his body was stolen?
6) What affirms that the early believers actually saw Jesus after the crucifixion?
7) What evidential power do the creeds hold for the resurrection?
8) Can the minimal facts (presented by Habermas) give proof that the resurrection happened?
9) Did the early church forget their Jewish roots, or did they believe the cross was the finished work of the Messiah?
Brian Chilton: Founder of Bellator Christi Ministries
Brian G. Chilton is the founder of BellatorChristi.com, the host of The Bellator Christi Podcast, and the author of the Layman’s Manual on Christian Apologetics. Brian is a Ph.D. Candidate of the Ph.D. in Theology and Apologetics program at Liberty University. He received his Master of Divinity in Theology from Liberty University (with high distinction); his Bachelor of Science in Religious Studies and Philosophy from Gardner-Webb University (with honors); and received certification in Christian Apologetics from Biola University. Brian is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. Brian has nearly 20 years of pastoral experience and currently serves as a clinical chaplain.
Curtis Evelo: Co-host and Producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast
Curtis Evelo is a cattle rancher at the E6 Hereford Ranch in St. Ignatius, Montana. Curtis is the co-host and producer of the Bellator Christi Podcast. He often teaches and speaks at his church Cornerstone Faith Center in St. Ignatius. Curtis provides a common-sense approach to Christianity as he contemplates the wonders of God’s creation in Big Sky Country.
Copyright 2021. BellatorChristi.com.