Manage episode 290162700 series 2363276
Sam Abbott is a registered dietitian nutritionist who helps those with PCOS ditch diets, improve insulin resistance, and balance hormones without feeling guilty or stressed about food. She runs the Instagram account @pcos.nutritionist where she gives free tips and support around PCOS nutrition education and also runs the PCOS Freedom Program – a complete program for improving hormone balance without a side of diet culture or weight stigma. Sam is passionate about empowering people with PCOS with the knowledge they need to improve their hormone imbalances and live their happiest, healthiest lives without dieting.
"I became interested in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) after seeing client after client struggle with symptoms. I share in my clients’ frustrations when they are handed a prescription for birth control and metformin, and then they are told they need to lose weight. The “lose weight” advice is a distraction from discussing how hormones can be balanced through diet, lifestyle, and supplements."
- BS in Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, Virginia Tech
- MSEd in Health Education, Virginia Tech
- Didactic Program in Dietetics, University of Alabama
- Dietetic Internship, Utah State University
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist, State of North Carolina
- In progress – working towards my Intuitive Eating certification!