Manage episode 361809889 series 2168108
As China becomes more assertive on the global stage with its diplomacy and state media, “patriotic KOLs” have appeared on domestic Chinese social media platforms, influencing the political opinions of their millions of fans. But how do KOLs craft their message to be successful, and who’s paying their bills?
- Fang Kecheng : The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Assistant Professor
- Miro Li : Double V. Consulting - Founder
To go further
- Middle Earth episode #50 Xiaohongshu : Marrying content and e-commerce
- Nikkei Asia's article : China’s online nationalist army
- 孤烟暮蝉 (Guyanmuchan ) on Weibo
- 心医林霖 (xīnyīlínlín) on Bilibili
- 周小平 (Zhou Xiaoping), WeChat ID : 平局
- 占豪 (Zhan Hao), WeChat ID : 占豪
- 北美留学生观察, WeChat ID : 北美留学生观察
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or look for a specific talent, please get in touch!
With thanks to Wen Jiayin for production assistance, episode's picture by maono闪克 and Sean Calvo for music support.
A magazine about Chinese society, culture, history, arts, language, and more.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.