Manage episode 302332001 series 2803681
Baird is a 4x SaaS founder based in Charleston, SC. His background is in sales, marketing, and support. He bootstrapped and grew two SaaS companies to over $1M in ARR. When he isn't working on Churnkey's sales and marketing, he is on the water with his wife and daughter.
What we covered in this episode:
- The big challenges faced when bootstrapping
- Did Baird always want to bootstrap
- Why leave a job to start a company
- Did he ever get funding from utalk
- How did Waave come about?
- How to avoid quitting when times get tough
- Getting early customers in for Waave
- What was different when they launched Zubtitle (108k MRR)
- Why they started a new business completely
- Why churn is such a difficult problem to solve
- Is it harder or easier to do B2C vs B2B
- How to manage context switching
- How to make time to run 3 huge businesses at once
Sponsor - Upvoty
Do you want to build the best product possible? Then listening to user feedback is one of the best ways to do so. Because by listening to the problems of your users, you can build a real problem-solver that they'll love.
Upvoty is a user feedback tool that gives your user's a voice and makes it really easy at the same time for you to prioritize what to build next. By installing Upvoty's feedback boards, you'll have all of your user feedback in one central place and it will really help you connect with your customers and understand their needs. On top of that, you can close the feedback loop by setting up your Changelog and Product Roadmap. Your users will be actively involved in building new features and will love you for that.
Try Upvoty 14-days for free and with the code 'INDIEBITES' you'll get a 10% discount on any of their plans.