Manage episode 301932093 series 2803681
Blake Emal is the CMO at Copy.ai, but it's not been a traditional route into that role. 8 years ago Blake was living in the South of France and when he moved back to the US, he had no idea what he wanted to do. As he spoke French, he landed a gig in the French team of an SEO firm. This was his first foray into marketing and he didn't intend to stay in marketing.
Fast forward 7 years of working for agencies, freelancing and in-house, he stumbled across a little tool called Copy.ai. He was quite happy in his current role, but sent the Copy.ai founder a DM on Twitter, asking if he needed any help with marketing. After a few back and forths and a grand total of 3 Zoom calls, Blake became CMO at Copy.ai.
In this episode we cover:
- What is copy.ai and how does it work?
- What does being a CMO in public mean?
- Where should founders start with marketing
- Why you should just "put a camera in front of you" when building
- Why is building in public so effective?
- Who is building in public well?
- How to get good at Twitter?
- Who is doing Twitter well?
- Are threads dead?
- Why do marketers ruin everything?
Thank you to Dan Rowden for sponsoring this episode with his product, ilo which helps you easily see which kind of tweets get more impressions, likes, profile clicks and more so you can get grow your Twitter audience. Use the code "INDIEBITES27" for 25% off your plan for life.