15. Tracy Reifkind: The Queen of the kettlebell swing on transforming life
Manage episode 332137225 series 2838963
Tracy Reifkind is the Author of "The Swing!" Lose the Fat and Get Fit with This Revolutionary Kettlebell Program. Tracy's book is inspired by her transformation journey and is a fantastic manual that is detailed yet simple to follow and can be easily personalized. At forty-one years of age, Tracy, after being overweight her entire life, made a fantastic transformation and lost 120 pounds by using kettlebells, cleaning up her diet, cooking her meals, and using her mindset to create a lasting change. Tracy is a sought-after personal trainer and motivation and nutrition coach featured in Tim Ferriss's The 4-Hour Body. In 2006, she became a certified Russian kettlebell instructor. Since then, she has developed a unique training program that works for everyone at any fitness level.
- Tracy's transformation journey to becoming the athlete she always wanted to be
- Tracy's book and how it came to life
- Kettlebell training - why is it so effective
- The importance of progressions, looking at trendlines, gradual goal setting
- Mindset: Readiness zone, drive, inspiration, consistency, confidence, visualization
- Taking responsibility and getting rid of thoughts that don't serve us, such as being-a-victim
- The importance of self-love and being selfish, creating time for yourself
Purchase Tracy's book: "The Swing!" Lose the Fat and Get Fit with This Revolutionary Kettlebell Program.
Tracy's training program: https://swinglean.gumroad.com
Tracy's Youtube channel
My training session with Tracy on YouTube
Tracy in The 4-Hour Body video trailer by Tim Ferriss
Training, Food, and Thought
Thank you for listening. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with a friend, and consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or any other podcasting platform. This will help me immensely. You can submit your feedback directly on my website. I enjoy hearing from you.
Read more about me and the podcast on my website and blog, where you can subscribe to stay up to speed on all my projects. You can join Grand Slam Journey community on LinkedIn and Facebook. Or find me on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Substack.
I appreciate you and your support!
With a grateful ❤️, Klara.