Manage episode 272636500 series 2355391
Wow! What a finale to one of the greatest Tour De France races of all time.
There is so much to cover in this weeks episode, and as always, so much for us to learn!
Whether you're a cyclist or triathlete, the final Time Trial of the Tour de France was a stage to remember AND pay attention to.
Here's what we covered:
- What was the biggest mistake of Bernal's race? Hint: It probably happened months before the tour...
- The mayhem that was the final Time Trial
- Analysing the different Time Trial race plans and execution of the top riders
- How Richie Porte and Tom Dumoulin road completely different TT's yet got the exact same time
- Breaking down the mistakes that cost Roglic the win
- The biggest problem with Roglic's warm up
- Why Pogacar chose not to use a power meter and is that a smarter way to race?
- The best and worst ways to ride a Time Trial
- The proof that shows which type of training creates the strongest rider
PLUS, we compared our top 6 highlights of the entire race!
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email at: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.