Manage episode 282029499 series 2835626
Throughout this pandemic, small businesses have been struggling more than larger businesses and are being forced into closing their doors at an alarming rate. The business lessons that helped us grow through a pandemic are:
- Be nice to your customers and employees: From wrongfully firing employees to insensitive ad campaigns, businesses have responded to COVID in a knee-jerk fashion that was cringe-inducing and in some cases unlawful. It is not smart to play the COVID card to let your quality slip or communicate poorly with your customers.
- Look at your data: Data points are useless if you don't them into a narrative about your customer journey.
- Prioritize efficiency: Get clear on the exact problem you are trying to find a solution for and ask yourself "is this the most efficient way to solve this problem"?
- You are not too small to survive: Embrace the greatest advantage you have as a small business- the speed at which you can change course.
- Don't overlook the basics: It's better to do one thing phenomenally well than to do a bunch of things for the sake of doing more. Take a less is more approach.
Mentioned in this episode:
Keep up with me:
Virtual Event Strategy and Management: https://www.frwrdshift.com/