Why is Pressure Your Best Friend to Win: Interview with Mark Jeffery Leading Expert on Pressure and High Performance
Manage episode 293607216 series 2872039
“He/she knows vs he/she doesn't know how to deal with pressure on big points”. How often do we hear these sentences from commentators while watching matches or from people watching us playing from the sidelines? A lot. But how often do we hear people talk about the reason why players feel pressure and why do most of us hate pressure? Not much. As if dealing with pressure was something you were born with or without. What if pressure was your best friend? To discuss "the elephant in the room", it was my pleasure to welcome Mark Jeffery in The Players' Lounge! Mark believes handling pressure can be taught and after listening to our convo, you will believe it too!
Mark Jeffery is the Founder of Big Point Player Training, The proven T.R.U.S.T winning formula and Winning Summit. Mark's mission is to democratize what the elite of the Military and Tennis know and train to bring this to the competitive amateur tennis community worldwide. Learn how to harness Pressure and reliably, predictably and WIN when it matters the most and become a "Big Point Player" T.R.U.S.T is also being trained by a proven, replicable, Grand Slam DEVELOPMENT Coach.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER! For listeners of The Players’ Lounge podcast we have two 'firsts':
-One is a FREE diagnostic WINNING with Pressure tool where you can compare the level of your Closing Out skills to the like of Djokovic and receive a bespoke assessment via this link: http://diagnostic.thewinningformula.tennis
-The second is a genuine discount for the next flagship course, the emotively named One Point Away: https://bigpointplayer.clickfunnels.com/opt-inpavk1al9
For the people that sign up via the OPA link will get a genuine $50.00 discount from the $397.00 ie $347.00 AND I will rebate you $50.00 as well so the net price is $297.00
In this fascinating conversation with Mark, you will learn:
- Why do we hate pressure? Let’s dive right into it and discuss “the elephant in the room” From 3’58 to 5’41
- Why did Mark decide to make handling pressure and high performance
- How losing a match in Wimbledon after having match points made Mark searching for ways to translate his military training onto the tennis to be performant in stressful situations: from 7’36 to 10’30
- How Andy Murray became a Grand Slam champion by becoming a “big point player” and how Ivan Lendl helped him being great under pressure: from 10’40 to 14’45
- Why is Pressure a positive thing and is your best friend to win big games and titles? From 14’46 to 19’45
- How did the “Big 3” deal with pressure and how do they train this skill? From 20’ to 21’43
- How do you make winning part of your identity and what can we learn from the military? From 21’46 to 26’48
- How integrity and accountability are essential to train your brain to perform while in stressful situations: from 26’49 to 34’28
- How to make pressure your best friend: great tips to train it during practice: from 34’29 to 48’49
- Mark details his incredible “Big Points Training” which will help you to improve your mental game: from 48’50 to 51’49
- The importance to train in sequences to create natural and relaxed reactions during matches: from 51’ 50 to 55’18
- How can you work on dealing with pressure outside the tennis court and Mark’s concluding remarks: from 55’19 to the end
Don't hesitate to subscribe and follow The Players' Lounge podcast on Instagram @theplayersloungepodcast and Facebook!