Manage episode 307791578 series 2030630
Andy Norman (@drandyno) directs the Humanism Initiative at Carnegie Mellon University, is the founder of CIRCE, and is the award-winning author of Mental Immunity: Infectious Ideas, Mind-Parasites, and the Search for a Better Way to Think.
What We Discuss with Andy Norman:
- Like our bodies, our minds and cultures have immune systems, and they can break down under certain conditions.
- How the root cause of contemporary divisiveness is a compromise of these mental and cultural immune systems.
- What it takes for certain ideologies to weaken our mental and cultural immune systems.
- Why, if you want to effectively persuade others, you must also show your willingness to be persuadable.
- How you can inoculate your mind (and help others protect themselves) against divisive ideologies to build the mental rigidity to withstand their influence.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/590
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!