Manage episode 259319601 series 1281830
Establishing a business has come a long way from traditional print media and newsletters to online platforms and social media. As an entrepreneur, it is essential to build a successful online brand to reach your target audience effectively. By leveraging the power of social media branding, not only would you build a network of following, but you could also create strategic partnerships with other entrepreneurs.
µIn this episode, we'll discuss the most effective ways to run an online business with Dr. Buck Parker, a surgeon and e-commerce entrepreneur. He also shares his experience and insights on the evolution of online market trends. If you want to know how you can optimize online branding, don't forget to tune in to the podcast!About Our Guest:
Dr. Buck Parker is an emergency and trauma surgeon in Salt Lake City, Utah. In 2007, he started an e-commerce business while in residency. Since then, Dr. Buck has established his name and brand on YouTube and Instagram with over 200,000 followers and subscribers. He helps high school and college students learn how to stay focused and motivated long-term in studying.Dr. Buck's Insights on Establishing Your Online Business and Social Media Branding Doctor Turned Entrepreneur
- His family of business owners influenced him. Even while still in med school, building a business was always in the back of his mind.
- During his research year in residency in 2006, he started researching about online businesses and e-commerce stores.
- He stumbled upon ebooks for sale and took inspiration from it, spending about six months researching and building his website.
- He optimized email marketing and used Google AdWords to market affiliate products.
- The product was in demand at that time, so his competitors spent more money on their marketing. He slowly drifted out with the changing environment.
- When he finished his residency, he released his weight-loss course.
- When he was cast on a TV survival show, people from all over the world were asking him information about being a doctor.
- It gave him the idea to take it to social media. Within nine months, he gained a following of about 100,000 on Instagram and nearly 50,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- He then realized that he could monetize it.
- He built a video course on how to study effectively for students, especially those who want to get into medicine.
- In the beginning, he did his own SEO by writing articles and creating backlinks. He also did personal ads.
- The first phase helped him understand how everything works together. So when he hires someone, he knows whether they’re doing a good job or not.
- Then, the second phase is learning that you can’t be an expert at everything.
- The third phase is realizing you can’t do everything alone; you can’t go big without strategic partners.
- The best thing you could do with your money is to have influencers promote your products.
- This strategy helps build your brand’s reputation.
- He explains that it is a “slippery slope” because some influencers don’t know their value. If you do it right, however, it can be powerful.
- The mindset of doing everything on your own.
- You have to make mistakes and learn from other people.
- Trying to focus on too many things.
- In the next 5 to 10 years, Dr. Buck thinks that there would be a lot more “sneaky marketing.”
- Marketing would be more personalized and specific to a niche or a market.
- He looks at patient experience, like selling in customer service.
- Some surgeons don’t like his channel because it seems too raw for them. However, Dr. Buck says it’s his way of speaking to his market.
- Learning is lifelong.
- “Nobody’s successful at anything they don’t like.”
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you're up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales? Sign up for our 21-Day Double Your Sales Challenge.
📨 If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.