Manage episode 278380357 series 2479738
Cloning Snapchat isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? Cloning TikTok. Even Snapchat has joined the bandwagon with Spotlight. Are people fleeing ads in feeds because the market is saturated? I break down all of last week’s big moves in Digital Media. And why the Covid Tracking Project deserves a friggin Nobel Prize.
- Snapchat launches a TikTok-like feed called Spotlight, kick-started by paying creators (TechCrunch)
- Facebook Ads Could Be Reaching Saturation Point (WSJ)
- BuzzFeed to Acquire HuffPost in Stock Deal With Verizon Media (WSJ)
- Why the Success of The New York Times May Be Bad News for Journalism (NYTimes)
- Bots Grade Your Kids’ Schoolwork—and They’re Often Wrong (WSJ)
- Data Heroes of Covid Tracking Project Are Still Filling U.S. Government Void (Bloomberg Businessweek)