Manage episode 277789424 series 2825046
Thank you so much for tuning in. This week my guest is the fabulous Jenny Rushmore of Cashmerette. I have admired Jenny for a long time, as a regular consumer of the excellent information in the Curvy Sewing Collective and following the Cashmerette Pattern brand as it has grown and flourished.
I was delighted to get the chance to ask Jenny about her journey and her mission and she was so generous in opening up in our chat. She shares how as a curvy sewist she discovered sewing aged 30 and as she began to make her own clothes she realised it transformed not only what she was wearing but also her confidence.
What you will hear in this episode:
- How Jenny's sewing journey began
- Her transition in just 10 years from corporate marketing non-sewist to fabulously successful plus-sized pattern brand
- The birth of the Curvy Sewing Collective
- The a-ha that lead to Cashmerette and their mission to help real women with real bodies
- The most valuable business lesson Jenny has learned
- The most surprising personal lesson from her experience along the way
- Why Cashmerette patterns are different
- The most common mistakes sewists make when using sewing patterns
- Jenny's top tip to get a much better fit
- The future plans for Cashmerette
And in case you are not familiar with some fitting terminology FBA means Full Bust Adjustment!
Useful links and resources:
- Cashmerette Pattern Size Calculator: https://www.cashmerette.com/pages/sizing
- Blazer development blog post: https://blog.cashmerette.com/2020/10/blazer-bound-final-muslin.html
- The Concord T-shirt: https://www.cashmerette.com/products/concord-tshirt-pdf-pattern?_pos=2&_sid=0683380f4&_ss=r
- Fitting for curves workshop: https://workshops.cashmerette.com/p/fitting-for-curves-pattern-adjustments-for-the-upper-body?preview=logged_out
Cashmerette also have a SALE starting on Weds 25th November so be sure to sign up for their newsletter to find out more!
Connect with Jenny
Connect with me (Jacqui)
If you enjoy this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Take a screenshot of you listening on your device, post it to your Instagram Stories and tag me and Jenny @sewmuchmorefun and @cashmerette
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to the Sew Mindful podcast on itunes, click 'Listen on Apple Podcasts', open in itunes and then click 'Ratings and Reviews'. And thanks for your support of this show!