Manage episode 277789425 series 2825046
Hey there lovely listeners and welcome to episode 15 where I tackle the sometimes scary world of commercial sewing patterns.
I love sewing patterns but I know that I have the kind of mind that likes reading instructions - don’t judge me, that’s just who I am. I also know that for many people the thought of using a sewing pattern conjures similar feelings to going to the dentist or filling out a tax return.
In this episode I cover
- what makes sewing patterns appear scary
- the alternatives to sewing patterns and their pros and cons
- the benefits that I believe sewing patterns bring you
- the challenges you might face
- a strategy for easily tackling the challenges and making the most of these powerful tools.
I'll be covering more about patterns in my Tuesday Techniques Facebook Lives at lunchtimes (GMT) every Tuesday over the next couple of months in the Sew Much More Fun Facebook group.
For non-Facebook users I will also be posting the replays on the Sew Much More Fun website so be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get notified about updates.
Useful links and resources
Pattern and tracing paper:
- William Gee for bigger orders - https://www.williamgee.co.uk/product-category/design-aids-and-equipment/pattern-paper-and-card/
- Empress Mills also do 10m rolls - https://www.empressmills.co.uk/dressmakers-pattern-paper-plain-1-x-10m-prym
- Also search 'pattern paper' in Google to buy from Ebay or Amazon. Ideally you want weights of around 50gsm.
Curvy Sewing Collective - https://curvysewingcollective.com/
Tracing pin wheel - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0746777N3/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0PzPFbKCGZMSX
Tilly & The Buttons for Beginners patterns - https://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/
Cashmerette for plus size patterns - https://www.cashmerette.com/
Connect with me
Website | www.sewmuchmorefun.co.uk
Facebook | facebook.com/sewmuchmorefun
Instagram | instagram.com/sewmuchmorefun
If you enjoy this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Take a screenshot of you listening on your device, post it to your Instagram Stories and tag me and Imogen @sewmuchmorefun and @insideoutstyleblog
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to the Sew Mindful podcast on itunes, click 'Listen on Apple Podcasts', open in itunes and then click 'Ratings and Reviews'. And thanks for your support of this show!