Manage episode 325612425 series 2508713
GODSEY. FULL TEMPLE RESET. PART DEUX.
We freestyled for a solid hour:forty-five plus yall! We obviously sprinkle in some true Full Temple Reset topics, but there are just so many gems in this one. Come join us in Lockhart for the event and learn about your body, mind, spirit. As always, Love yall!
Connect with Erick:
Facebook: Erick Godsey
Podcast: The Myths That Make Us
- KKP #234 Full Temple Reset Round 1
- Kyle’s addition to Godsey’s Spiritual Bypass insight:
- Spiritual bypassing describes a tendency to use spiritual explanations to avoid complex psychological issues (Ref: Picciotto G, Fox J, Neto F. A phenomenology of spiritual bypass: Causes, consequences, and implications. J Spiritual Ment Health. 2018;20(4):333-354. doi:10.1080/19349637.2017.1417756 ). The term was first coined during the early 1980s by a transpersonal psychotherapist named John Welwood in his book Toward a Psychology of Awakening. According to Welwood, spiritual bypassing can be defined as a "tendency to use spiritual ideas and practices to sidestep or avoid facing unresolved emotional issues, psychological wounds, and unfinished developmental tasks Ref: Tricycle. Human nature, Buddha nature. An interview with John Welwood ).
- As a therapist and Buddhist teacher, Welwood began to notice that people (including himself) often wielded spirituality as a shield or type of defense mechanism. Rather than working through hard emotions or confronting unresolved issues, people would simply dismiss them with spiritual explanations.
- While it can be a way to protect the self from harm or to promote harmony between people, it doesn't actually resolve the issue. Instead, it merely glosses over a problem, leaving it to fester without any true resolution (Ref: What Is Spiritual Bypassing, by Kendra Cherry. 12-6-20. Verywell mind https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-spiritual-bypassing-5081640 ).
- Aura offers all-in-one digital safety for your entire household. Identity theft, fraud, and malware are just some of their offerings. Go to https://aura.com/kyle for 14 days free and 40% off your plan.
- Lucy Go to lucy.co and use codeword “KKP” at Checkout to get 20% off the best nicotine gum in the game, or check out their lozenge AND grab some of their pouches. I can speak anecdotally that they are FAST acting.
- BIOptimizers Go check out P3OM if you get as gassy as me and the Kingsbu clan do. This is my go to probiotic. Get 10% off by going to P3OM.com/KINGSBU and entering code “KINGSBU10” at checkout.
- Super Speciosa is the absolute best Kratom I’ve worked with head over to getsuperleaf.com/kkp and punch in “KKP” at checkout for 20% off everything in store!
Connect with Kyle:
Fit For Service Academy App: Fit For Service Academy
Youtube: Kyle Kingbury Podcast
Kyles website: www.kingsbu.com
Zion Node: https://getzion.com/ > Enter PubKey
Like and subscribe to the podcast anywhere you can find podcasts. Leave a 5-star review and let me know what resonates or doesn’t.