Manage episode 283862973 series 2355391
Today we’re talking about running workouts, and which workouts are going to improve your speed.
But also, how important is speed really in a triathlon?
How much speed work can you actually afford as a triathlete? How much should you be doing?
There are some key differences for triathletes that you need to be aware of when thinking about speed.
Key points of today’s episode:
- How does training in the heat affect your performance?
- Is it possible that heat training has similar effects to altitude training?
- Knowing where you should be performing depending on where you are in the season
- How important is running speed for triathletes?
- What are the best training sessions to do for running speed?
- The risk vs reward factor of speed
- Why speed sessions for triathletes are different
- The two best types of speed workouts
- Closing the gap between your fresh speed and your speed off the bike
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.