Manage episode 377713360 series 3462719
Welcome to another captivating episode! Today’s guest is a talented author, inspirational speaker, and leadership coach! Introducing Andy Bailey, CEO, Founder & Head Coach at Petra Coach. Andy partners with host Gregory McDonough to share the complexities of life and business, and the impact personal growth and strength can have in your life. He also delves into consistently pursuing excellence and embracing the discipline that comes with it. It’s a conversation you don’t want to miss!
- Over time, life and businesses get more complex, leading to challenges. To bridge this gap, personal growth is essential. Neglecting personal growth can lead to feeling overwhelmed as life surpasses one's capacity. Endurance is key to expanding this capacity.
- In business, it's crucial to have discussions early on to avoid any gaps from becoming insurmountable. Trying to bridge them later takes immense effort and may not be feasible. Address issues when they're small to prevent irreparable divides.
- Consistently pursuing excellence in one aspect of life has a positive ripple effect on others. Neglecting small, controllable things can lead to neglect in other meaningful areas. Minimal acts of discipline can catalyze positive changes across all aspects of life.
- Enduring agony while persisting, builds discipline. It is like strengthening a personal shield with small increments, enabling the tackling of tough situations. This discipline aids in resisting temptations and overcoming reluctance, growing stronger over time.
- Andy initially led during a challenging situation, motivating his team to move from fear to action. Their leadership example inspired other companies, promoting a proactive approach rather than defensive reactions within their organization and among clients.
- Andy embraced the Rockefeller Habits from 2005, which changed his leadership approach. Post-sale, he began assisting friends and their companies using this methodology. It was fulfilling and even expanded into a coaching practice with 30 members serving 150 companies.
- Frustration and fear are common catalysts for change in individuals and leadership teams, similar to how health concerns prompt lifestyle changes. In business, frustration with team performance or fear of unmet goals can also drive the need to change mindsets and habits.
Quote of the Show:
- "Perception wears off over time. We have to go renew it." - Andy Bailey
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andybailey/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndyBailey01
- Company website: http://www.petracoach.com/ and https://boundless.me/
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/No-Try-Only-Alignment-Accountability/dp/1599326833
Ways to Tune In:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/580aLDKac1ld031W4nWDtp
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chief-endurance-officer/id1680214218?uo=4
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG9yLmZtL2NoaWVmLWVuZHVyYW5jZS1vZmZpY2Vy
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/3c96880f-8dcd-4a6e-b1c8-fda816f872a9
- Podcast Addict: https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/4340732
- Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/show/5897357
- Player FM: https://player.fm/series/series-3462719
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/chief-endurance-officer-5250102
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/chief-endurance-officer-ringmaster-KMdv2I8XwkN/
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/c_nWEHAjzAY
Keep up to date on our social media accounts:
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@chiefenduranceofficer?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chiefenduranceofficerpodcast/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/C_E_Opodcast