Armed to the Heart - Military Women, Work-life Balance, Female Veterans, Christian Moms, Pregnancy and Postpartum
99. If the Enemy Can’t Defeat You, He’ll Distract You: How to Stay Focused in a World of Constant Distractions to Be the Wife, Mom, & Leader you’re Called to Be
Manage episode 371406168 series 3390642
We live in a world of constant distractions -- noise, input, demands, notifications, all these urgent things bombarding us from every direction. This is one of the most effective tools of the enemy to lead us astray & get us off course from God's will, divert our attention from our priorities, and even pervert the good things we're doing.
Distraction steals our time, presence, productivity, and ability to live out God's purpose for us at home, in our work, & every area of life.
So grab that notebook and pen -- today we're talking about what it looks like in the battleground of our lives, hearts and minds, and what we can do about it.
The enemy wants us to be distracted all day long:
- To be pulled from where God wants us to focus, & get bogged down in things that don't matter.
- To be too spread thin in our time and energy.
- To steal our capacity to focus on our family & the people right in front of us.
- To fall victim to lies & deception
- To be distracted by shiny objects, or overly swayed by what the world tells us we "should" be doing, or other people's expectations & opinions of what we should pursue / what "success" looks like
- To constantly be stressed and anxious, reactive, dwelling on mistakes, beating ourself up or ruminating on the past, or worried about the future.
- For our minds to be stuck on all the things we don't have or are overwhelmed with.
The devil wants so many things to be swirling around our heads -- our to-do lists, incessant phone notifications, social media or even the news to pull us from the blessings and joys of the moment, our families, where we're uniquely called to serve, and what we're meant to give.
So let's walk through practical tips to combat this form of spiritual warfare. Let's do this together sister.
Gain access to my new Work-Life Balance Masterclass for just $37! This is an on-demand video training series & workbook that'll help you lighten your load -- reduce stress, overwhelm, & build more balance even in the most demanding seasons of work & family life. It's a do at your own pace/time resource to serve you in this season.
Want to explore if it'd be a good fit to work together? Send me an email at email@example.com and we'll set up a 30 min time for a Discovery Call.
Ready to Jump into a 1:1 Power Hour? 1 hr Strategy & Mindset Coaching Call for Work-Life Balance or Pregnancy & Postpartum Fitness, for military women & beyond