Episode 031 with Brandon Jones: Origins of WebVR/WebXR, the Spec, Performance, Input Profiles and more!
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 26, 2022 21:55 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 258712707 series 2607316
Brandon Jones is a developer at Google and one of the two people who originally brought WebVR into life. As one of the main WebXR Device API spec editors, developer on Chrome's WebGL implementation and contributor on the webxr-input-profiles, he has some interesting insights to share on web graphics performance, spec contribution process and the history of WebXR.
During our wide-ranging conversation, we touch on WebGPU, Brandon's recent blog post "WebXR Scene Optimization", motivations for the webxr-input-profiles project, how WebGL extensions find adoption and much more.
It was a great honor to speak with one of the founding fathers of VR on the web and we wish you a great time listening to this episode.
- https://github.com/immersive-web/layers - Where work on the layers feature of the WebXR spec is happening
- https://immersive-web.github.io/ - The "WebXR Device API" specification
- https://github.com/immersive-web - The "Immersive Web" group on github. Find all WebXR Device API spec related repositories here
- https://github.com/immersive-web/webxr-input-profiles - The "WebXR Input Profiles" project
- https://twitter.com/Tojiro/ - Brandon Jones on twitter