Episode 028 with Lars Bergstrom: Directing WebXR Efforts at Mozilla Mixed Reality, Hello WebXR & Mozilla Hubs
Manage episode 255384964 series 2607316
Lars Bergstrom is the technical director of the Mixed Reality team at Mozilla. He manages the virtual and augmented reality browser efforts, the Mozilla Hubs team, their mixed reality content creation and discovery teams and the ops work it all relies on. If it touches virtual or augmented reality at Mozilla, somebody in his team is involved.
Lars gives insights into his work at Mozilla, specifically on Hello WebXR, Firefox Reality and Mozilla Hubs, and explains the direction they took with the projects. We chat about the future of the immersive web and the big leaps Mozilla is taking in the immersive web space. Furthermore we discuss diffent ways of structuring monetization and about the different lessons learnt from the growth of the web, that we need to watch out for when creating the immersive web. Tune into this very interesting discussion on where the immersive web is going.
- https://blog.mozvr.com/hello-webxr/ - Hello WebXR on Mozilla Mixed Reality Blog
- https://blog.mozvr.com/ - Mozilla Mixed Reality Blog
- https://forms.gle/nB7h3aKhbeebDH899 - WebVR Content Submissions for Firefox Reality
- https://twitter.com/larsberg_ - Lars Bergstrom on Twitter
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/lars-a-bergstrom/ - Lars Bergstrom on LinkedIn
- email@example.com - E-mail address of the Mozilla Mixed Reality Team