Manage episode 244641934 series 2537148
After a relaxing bye week, the Tar Heel Blog Podcast is back with episode 26 of Don’t Punt to Gio.
Host Chad Floyd starts off with a few minutes of ranting and raving about the Desmond Evans commitment (more on that to come.) He is then joined by Jacob Cowden to preview the Heels’ trip to Blacksburg, and the rest of the Week 8 slate in college football.
- Not much on the Evans commitment, but some quick numbers on the magic of Mack Brown’s first full recruiting class at UNC, and the future of the defense.
- Is Virginia Tech any good?
- If they are, its all because of Hendon Hooker and the receiving corps. Chad and Jacob talk about how they would go about scheming for the Hokies’ offense with a depleted secondary.
- Has Bud Foster lost his touch? Maybe! What should we look for when the Heels have the ball?
- Week 8: fairly underwhelming as a whole. Chad again identifies an Iowa State game as the most competitive of the noon slate, the 3:30 is gross outside of the one that most subscribers to this podcast will be watching, and things ramp up—kindof— after that.
Subscribe, download, leave us a 5-star review and we WILL read it on air! Great to be talking UNC football after a quiet week.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices