Manage episode 282789471 series 1708763
Your privacy may be at risk if you're on Fleek, hackers not only steal COVID-19 vaccine data but then tamper with it to spread mistrust, and the Bitcoin bungles keep on coming...
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Ron Eddings from the Hacker Valley Studio podcast.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/211 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Ron Eddings.
- 1Password: 1Password for Families is the safest way to share logins, passwords, credit cards and other important information with the people who matter most. Use 1Password everywhere, from your Chromebook to your Apple Watch. Until March 31, if you purchase a $50 gift card you’ll get $10 towards any YubiKey 5 Series by Yubico – the security key that provides strong two-factor authentication with a simple touch. Find out more at https://1password.com/giftcards
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future empowers your organization, revealing unknown threats before they impact your business, and helping your teams respond to alerts 10 times faster. How does it do this? By automatically collecting and analyzing intelligence from technical, open web, and dark web sources. For up-to-the-minute security intelligence that can help you make fast and confident security decisions, install the free browser extension Recorded Future Express. Get it now at smashingsecurity.com/recordedfuture
- Report: X-Rated Social Media App Exposes Users in Massive Data Breach — VPNMentor.
- Hackers Leak Stolen Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Data — Threatpost.
- Hackers alter stolen regulatory data to sow mistrust in COVID-19 vaccine — Ars Technica.
- EU regulator: Hackers 'manipulated' stolen vaccine documents — AP News.
- Smashing Security 058: Face ID, Firefox, and Windows SNAFUs, plus Bitcoin FOMO
- Bitcoin FOMO Calculator.
- Smashing Security 167: Coronavirus scams and an exaggerated lion
- Man offers Newport council £50m if it helps find bitcoins in landfill — The Guardian.
- Acting in Film Master Class - By Michael Caine — YouTube.
- Damn Fine Story: Mastering the Tools of a Powerful Narrative — Book by Chuck Wendig.
- Back to Life — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)