Manage episode 285864461 series 2859953
Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How David’s earliest roots brought up feelings of isolation and sadness. Learn why being one of only a few Catholics from East Tennessee had a huge impact on David.
- How David’s first drink as an altar boy sipping the Priests wine gave him a feeling that “everything’s going to be okay.”
- David recalls a real hatred to be himself and a hatred for everyone else that “wasn’t like me.”
- David said he went to treatment 5 times in the 80’s for “back problems.” I went to get my family off my back, to get my friends off my back etc…
- When David’s sister “cut him off” that was the “straw that broke the camel’s back.” And he was ready to seek help.
- How David now realized the God of his understanding in his youth was not a nice god. Recovery introduced David to a higher power that was different than anything he was ever raised with.
- How Covid and the isolation involved with living during a pandemic prompted David to increase his Zoom recovery meetings
- Where and how David identified his Higher Power (and it continues to develop)
- David’s message to the A.I.R. community
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.
- If you enjoyed today’s episode, please share it with friends, family, and other professionals by using the social media buttons on this page.