Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on April 07, 2020 16:24 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 164925079 series 127469
How do you start a podcast? We get asked about that a lot. This week our guest is Cecelia Taylor, social media manager for 8×8, who asked us just that.
We start with follow-up from Episode 117 — talking about Prescribed Tweets. “Brands cannot scale,” says Cecelia. She thinks even marketers need a little help composing tweets and social media updates. We all agree that people should be using their own authentic voices, not tweeting out robe-tweets.
At about 8:15 we then segue into podcasting 101 and how to start a podcast.
- Geek Whisperers Episode 13 – How to create a successful podcast with @thecloudcastnet
- What are podcasts good for?
- What are the elements of a podcast – what should every episode feature?
- The History of Rome podcast
- Virtually Speaking from VMware
- Know your audience; be interesting!
- Looking for a good host
- Speaking in Tech podcast
- What are the other basic things to watch as you launch
- Gear recommendations
- Podcast directories, discovery, and recommendations
- Pitfalls and things you should avoid
- Guest management
- GE’s The Message podcast
- Educational vs emotional podcasting and how it compares to blogging