Manage episode 231781796 series 2312314
Alex Castro Pérez is currently heading IKEA Home Solar & Energy Services, the business unit on a mission to accelerate the global transition to affordable clean energy. He also leads sustainable innovation & corporate business development, related strategic investments and partnerships.
Before joining IKEA, Alex headed global functions across R&D, Engineering and Supply Chain for leading multinationals in the Food Processing & Packaging, Medical Device, and Automotive industries. His experience also includes seeding and advising start-ups in different sectors.
In this episode the following topics are discussed:
- Sustainability and innovation
- Why is IKEA in the market of residential solar
- The better everyday life for the people
- People and planet positive
- Climate action starts at home
- Soft cost acquisition in home solar
- Systemized and make the customer journey more simple when buying solar
- Automize the buying process with transparency and engagement
- Breadth and depth of understanding life at home and the solution of helping people lead a more sustainable life
- Pricing with transparency
- Installation booking made simple and un-intrusive
- Why do people buy solar?
- Creating a clean energy movement
- IKEA’s energy goals for 2030 — becoming climate positive
- The IKEA LED story
- The IKEA work culture
About the Ingka Group:
Ingka Group (Ingka Holding B.V. and its controlled entities) is one of 11 different groups of companies that own and operate IKEA sales channels under franchise agreements with Inter IKEA Systems B.V. Ingka Group has three business areas: IKEA Retail, Ingka Investments and Ingka Centres. It is the world’s largest home furnishing retailer operating 367 IKEA stores in 30 markets. These IKEA stores had 830 million visits last year and 2.35 billion visits www.IKEA.com. Ingka Group operates business under the IKEA vision, to create a better everyday life for the many people by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
ABOUT PHILIP BEERE
Philip is host of Corporate Sustainability; the podcast that explores companies and people who inspire innovation, improvement, and sustainable business practices through purpose-driven missions and initiatives. Philip is a longtime marketer, who consults companies on how to use stories and narrative to help build their brands. He says sustainability stories are one of the most powerful ways companies can manage their reputations.
Connect with Philip at www.philipjames.co