Manage episode 348326234 series 1416424
254 Vertical Navigation for VFR and IFR Pilots + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Summary 254 Max talks about vertical navigation and the many different ways that VFR and IFR pilots can use it to enhance their flying, and uses the Garmin 430, G1000, and Perspective as examples. Vertical navigation becomes more important as you step into aircraft with bigger engines that fly higher and faster. VFR pilots can use it to manage pattern entries and IFR pilots use it on arrivals and approaches.
- B-17, Kingcobra Collide At CAF Dallas Airshow
- Crash! Plane hits radio antenna at airshow
- SR22 crashes after student and CFI fight over controls
- Researchers Test Sleep Apnea Device To Prevent Hypoxia
- Mishap with an iPad creates problems for Baron pilot
- NTSB: Icing Reported in Area of Fatal King Air Crash
- Flight simulations to raise some real money for charity
- Canadian airline crew to be freed seven months after arrest in DR
- Attempted Kidnapping of Controllers in Haiti Puts Safety at Risk
- Former Army pilot sentenced to prison after spying for China
- Beaver aircraft stamp fails to take off with Canadian aviators
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order. Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit HandbookMax Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.