Manage episode 290032301 series 2911492
Takeaways from today's episode:
- It is okay to be vulnerable and share your struggles.
- Always set boundaries with each other.
- Don’t restrict yourself, you can find mentors for different things.
- Be brave and direct and ask someone to be a mentor, the worst they can say is no.
- Be sure to pay it forward
Dr. Amel Ghouila is a bioinformatician coordinating a Data science for public health program in LMICs. She previously worked for the bioinformatics capacity building network H3ABionet. Amel is the Vice President for ASBCB and the founder of a non-profit dedicated to teaching young girls coding and entrepreneurship skills.
Contact Amel @ AmelGhouila
Dr. Palwende BOUA is a Researcher in human genetics and nutrition at the Clinical Research Unit of Nanoro (CRUN), IRSS-DRCO, Burkina Faso. He has been working on multi-disciplinary research projects using GWAS data in population genetics studies in nutrition-related disorders and cardiometabolic diseases in African populations.
Contact Palwende @romyboua
Editing by Mariana Vaz, https://www.marianacpvaz.com/
Research: Emmanuela Oppong
Producers: Emmanuela Oppong (Producer), Alice Matimba (Senior Producer), Christine Boinett (Creator and Executive producer) and Isabela Malta (Producer).
Host: Alice Matimba
Media and Marketing: Catherine Holmes