Manage episode 267061384 series 2445206
Humour can help you thrive in change, remain creative under pressure, work more effectively, play more enthusiastically, and stay healthier in the process.
Humour and Stress – For some of us it is a lost art, but it can be one of our most powerful ‘life coping’ tools.
One definition I really like, is that humour is an attitude focused on generating positive feelings in yourself and for others. It is an active state and a choice that we make.
One other advantage of maintaining a sense of humour and being able to freely laugh is that it provides us with a powerful sense of perspective and ability to build relationships with those around us.
Humour and creativity originate from a lively imagination and the ability to recognize and to appreciate the incongruities of life.
So Here are today’s Hot Tips For Building Resiliency and Celebrating Personal Health Month:
Part of ensuring your personal health is making sure that you have a positive and fun attitude towards life. So,
- When you’re feeling terrific – notify your face. Some of us forget to show that we are having fun
- Find funny friends and co-workers. Hang out with the people who’s attitude you admire.
- Develop a Humour First-Aid Kit and fill it with your favourite jokes, clippings, and stories to buffer yourself through hard times.
- Use humour in adversity to lighten up rather than tighten up – Laugh at yourself and your mistakes
- Finally, appreciate today and look for the ‘awesome’.
If you like today’s wellness tips, let me know. You can leave me a review on amazon or through your #alexa app.
Looking for more ways to build your resiliency? Take my free on-line resiliency test at worksmartlivesmart.com under the resources and courses tab.