The Haunted Henry Hotel, Mineola, East Texas 2022 @SpirituallyRoguewithTheRoanes
Manage episode 329369886 series 3240260
Braxton and April are called back to explore The Henry Hotel in Mineola, TX.
#HauntedHotels #ParanormalPodcast #EastTexas #ExploreTexas #Ghosts
The district's Registration Form has an excellent overview of this old hotel, which sadly, is now vacant. It was last used for commercial purposes -- a coffee shop was here -- and there is no indication as to whether or not the slightly-battered old sign is still functional: The Henry Hotel is a brick and stucco Tudor Revival hotel dating to c. 1930. The hotel is two-and-one-half stories in height with a cross gable roof, and features a large main entrance on the eastern section of the building with a steeply pitched gable entry decorated with stone and concrete. The first story to the left of the primary entry has altered two storefront bays with replacement aluminum frame storefront windows and non-original tile kick plates under the windows. Each storefront bay has a central entry door and is shaded by a non-original canopy. To the right of the primary entrance is a window bay of multi-light fixed panes crowned by a cast concrete trim. The second story consists of multiple protruding bays of windows decorated with wood and stucco half-timbering and decorative brackets, including two steeply pitched gable bays. One of these gable bays has a pair of windows and the second has a three-part window. In both bays, the windows are six-over-one double-hung windows. Six-over-one double-hung windows are also visible on the east and west elevations. A ghost sign for the Henry Hotel is located on the east elevation, as well as a protruding steeply pitched gable bay with half-timbering and six-over-six windows. A shed dormer is located on the south elevation. Two contributing objects to the historic district are located on the property. The first is a freestanding sign for the Henry Hotel, dating from the 1920s. The second is a historic marker, built with the same stone and concrete as the primary entry, and located near the parcel boundary line with 200 West Broad Street. This marker indicated the site of the first law office of James Stephen Hogg. The hotel first appeared on the 1942 Sanborn map of Mineola and was in use through the early 1960s as a hotel. By 1966 it does not appear in the commercial telephone directory for Mineola. For many years, the hotel remained vacant, but the first floor is currently in use for retail by a coffee shop, a sandwich shop, and a clothing boutique.
206-210 W Broad St, Mineola, TX 75773
https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/W...--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/wildandfree/message