Manage episode 302605633 series 1394353
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie chats with the CIO of Family Management Corporation, David Schawel. Family Management currently has close to $3B in AUM and David oversees the allocation across a wide forway of assets.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (01:14) Starting out right as the GFC began
- (08:39) His stance on the banking sector in today’s environment
- (17:25) The most surprising metric of 2021 to date
- (38:56) And be sure to stick around towards the end where David offers a few stock selections that he’s bullish on.
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- David Schawel Twitter
- Family Management Corp Website
- Adyen Payments
- Trey Lockerbie Twitter
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Protect your online activity TODAY with the VPN rated #1 by CNET and Wired, and get an extra 3 months FREE on a one-year package with ExpressVPN
- Find people with the right experience and invite them to apply to your job. Try ZipRecruiter for FREE today
- Have high quality, sustainably-sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Invest in the $1.7 trillion art market with Masterworks.io. Use promocode WSB to skip the waitlist. See important disclosures here
- Get help writing your emails, reports, presentations, resumes, blogs today with WordTune
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more
- Start feeling better with a single message. Match with a licensed therapist with Talkspace and get $100 off your first month with the promo code WSB
- Connect with other users - friends, other members, and notable investors with Public.com. Use code BILLIONAIRES and get up to $50 in free stock to get started in growing your portfolio. Valid for U.S. residents 18+. Subject to account approval. See Public.com/disclosures. Not investment advice
- Updating your wardrobe with Mizzen+Main. Use promo code WSB to receive $35 off an order of $125 or more
- Read the 9 Key Steps to Effective Personal Financial Management
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!