Manage episode 284265957 series 2843534
I’m joined by the hilarious, sharp and ever thought provoking Godfrey “Hang the Bastards” Bloom.
He’s an Austrian-school Economist and Ex Fund manager, who spent 5yrs on the European parliamentary committee of economics. Poor guy had to deal with one of the world’s most ridiculous bureaucracies for that long !?!?!?
Anyway. Lucky for England (in some capacity at least) they had someone like him in there batting for them.
- The modern state, and it’s supreme stupidity.
- Medieval in the suppression of the people
- How did we “somewhat” break that 1945 push for socialism? Or did we not?
- Why Gold.
- Exiting the monopoly on money
- Gold VS Bitcoin
- Customer & Service provider relationship / Subject & Overlord relationship
- “Buy Gold and Kick a Central Banker in the Balls”
- Could the state get desperate enough to go in & take that gold?
I then put forward some points about Gold’s weaknesses:
- Physicality makes it easy to confiscate, control & manipulate
- Also hard to personally secure & use
- Useless in a digital world
- Gold losing it’s monetary premium & therefore losing its use as a wealth preservation tool.
We also discussed how we need to protect ourselves in a world becoming increasingly draconian in nature. I posited that Bitcoin, being information is much harder to censor.
Godrey also pointed out that we need to see Big business getting skin in the BTC game - which we’re certainly seeing with Michael Saylor leading the charge.
This is a great, podcast and one you’ll not only learn from, but thoroughly enjoy.
Follow Godfrey’s work here:
As usual; Listen, Learn, Share and Subscribe.
I'll see you on the next episode.
Thanks again for listening.
Subscribe on YouTube, Anchor, Spotify:
And follow me on Twitter @AleksSvetski & https://svetski.medium.com
More coming soon!