Manage episode 281018202 series 2843534
Erik Cason (also from Unchained Capital) joins me on Episode 22 of the Wake Up Podcast to discuss his incredible piece "Bitcoin and the State of Emergency".
This is part of the "Bitcoin Times" series of episodes I'll be doing where I discuss the topics of each article from the Bitcoin times publication with the respective authors.
Erik is one of my favourite thinkers in the entire Bitcoin 'space'.
He takes a philosophical viewpoint which I align with at a deep level, and he has a way of articulating it that very few in the world can match.
In this episode, we look at:
- Bitcoin as a tool of war
- Bitcoin as the new Bushido
- Bitcoiners like Samurai, who will commit Seppuku long before they give up their private keys.
- Fiat society and Bitcoin as "The renaissance of Meaning"
- The state and it's emergence
- How the state of emergency becomes the state of oppression.
- Why the state wants this control
- Does the expansion of the state necessitate the “control”
- How the systematic removal of meaning, purpose and therefore Pride results in envy & emptiness
This is an incredible episode.
As usual, listen, share & subscribe.
Follow Eric Cason on twitter @ErikCason, and check out his work at www.CryptoSovereignty.org
Check out Erik's essay at The Bitcoin Times, available Free for PDF download.
If you prefer Medium, and would like to support our work there, follow the publication on:
Also follow The Bitcoin Times on Twitter @TimelessBitcoin
Thanks again for listening.
Subscribe on YouTube, Anchor, Spotify:
And follow me on Twitter @AleksSvetski & https://svetski.medium.com
More coming soon!