Manage episode 289737204 series 2883714
Avant de commencer : cet épisode est en anglais ! C'est Jasmine au micro et j'interroge Mathilde Duverger, consultante & data scientist au BCG depuis 1 an et demi. Pour produire cet épisode, on a travaillé avec le BCG Gamma (l'antenne data du célèbre cabinet de conseil BCG) et on a décidé de le produire en anglais pour toucher plus de monde - le premier d'une série internationale on n'en doute pas. La suite en anglais - j'espère que ça vous plaira.
On Vocation in this episode, Mathilde Duverger.
After highschool, she decided to study mathematics and completed an undergraduate degree at Imperial College in London. She soon specialized in statistics and choosing her masters, she wanted to completed her technical skills with a more business-oriented training. She then completed a 2-year masters at l'Ecole Polytechnique and HEC and worked as a data scientist at different companies. She graduated in 2019 and had her heart set on BCG Gamma. Why ? For the steep learning curve, the community and the data science expertise (BCG being the first consultancy firm to start a data science practice).
Together we talked about :
- data science : what it really is and the difference with data engineering or data analysis ;
- choosing consulting as a first job ;
- working in tech and how to stay up to date ;
- diversity and building a more inclusive workplace ;
- what is like to work at the famous firm BCG ;
- and for those interested in applying, what the interview process is and tips to thrive from minutes 45 to 55