Manage episode 202145689 series 2086845
Episode 8 of the Utah Lacrosse Podcast features the Jac Coyne who is the Director of External Affairs for the Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA). Coyne is in his third year in that role, where he is tasked with publicizing the association and helping to run much of its day-to-day operations. Coyne, a native of Wellesley, Mass., worked for US Lacrosse for 15 years as a writer for Lacrosse Magazine and an editor of its website. Prior to that he was a newspaper reporter and sports information director. He, his wife Kimberly and five children reside in La Crosse, Wis.
Coyne and I met back in 2010 when my brother and I went to Denver for the 2010 MCLA National Tournament. He showed me the ropes and I couldn’t be more grateful for it! We kept in touch and he helped me land a job with Lacrosse Magazine so needless to say I was thrilled when he was hired by the league.
The picture above is me (on the left) and Jac (on the right) as shot from the field at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Denver as we were typing away in the press box.
Hope you enjoy the show.
— Tim Haslam, Utah Men’s Lacrosse SID
- 0:11 – Intro/Interviews with Coach Holman
- 3:04 – Jac Coyne
- 4:09 – Living in La Crosse, Wisconsin and being a lacrosse journalist.
- 6:10 – Current Ute Team
- 8:15 – MCLA Poll/Playoff Positions
- 16:15 – RMLC Predictions
- 18:55 – Origin Story
- 21:25 – Working at Lacrosse Magazine
- 23:55 – Day to day working for the MCLA
- 25:25 – West coast v. East coast lacrosse
- 27:45 – MCLA Tournament in Salt Lake City
- 33:50 – MCLA Mission/Keys/Differences
- 52:15 – Rapid Fire Questions
Last Podcast: Episode 007 with Seth Neeleman.