Manage episode 199217874 series 2086845
Episode 3 of the Utah Lacrosse Podcast features assistant coach Marcus Holman. We dive into the upcoming games, the current team, coaching with best friends and father, Team USA and more.
The picture I chose for this episode is one of my favorites from last year. It shows Marcus with a board drawing up a play for the offense. I like how all the attention is focused right towards the middle, right towards Marcus. I think it’s a good example of the respect the players have for Coach Holman. When Marcus speaks, everyone listens. Also of note, Marcus is always the first to get a touch before practice and the last to get a touch after practice.
Hope you enjoy the show.
— Tim Haslam, Utah Men’s Lacrosse SID
- 1:43 – Coach Holman
- 2:10 – Game week/pre-season
- 4:20 – Returning offensive players
- 7:00 – The #1 Jersey
- 8:55 – Offensive strategy with Coach Manny
- 11:25 – Living with Coach Manny and Coach Ghitelman
- 12:50 – Coaching with Dad
- 13:50 – Becoming a head coach one day
- 17:00 – Origin story
- 21:00 – Committing to North Carolina
- 23:55 – What to look for in a potential Ute
- 25:55 – Greatest lacrosse accomplishment
- 29:15 – A typical MLL weekend & pre-game routine
- 35:55 – Team USA tryouts
- 38:45 – Key to growth of lacrosse in the West
- 42:15 – Favorite pillar
- 46:20 – Rapid Fire Questions