Manage episode 199217875 series 2086845
Episode 2 of the Utah Lacrosse Podcast features assistant coach Adam Ghitelman. Coach ‘Ghits’ is the mastermind behind the defense for the Utes and the wizard with the goalies. Join me as I talk to Coach Ghitelman about the upcoming season, the impact of the returning Ute poles and goalies, defensive schemes, lacrosse in developing countries, growing the game and more.
The picture I choose for this episode is of Coach Ghits catching air after last years goalie goal by Quinton Swinney. I had spoken with ‘Q’ before the game and he said, ‘Watch out for a full field goal. We’ve seen the tape and we think we can get it.’ Sure enough, Q found the back of the net.
Hope you enjoy the show.
— Tim Haslam, Utah Men’s Lacrosse SID
- 1:40 – Coach Ghitelman
- 2:30 – Tryouts/Fall Ball
- 4:30 – Returning Players – Poles & Goalies
- 7:35 – Goalie Play/Expectations
- 10:00 – Defensive Philosophies
- 13:45 – Importance of Film
- 18:50 – Origin Story
- 20:45 – Greatest Lacrosse Accomplishment
- 22:00 – Coaching/Teaching/Growth in other Countries
- 27:45 – Growth in the West
- 35:15 – Favorite Pillar of Utah Lacrosse
- 37:05 – Rapid Fire Questions