Manage episode 293757905 series 2093613
You may remember Russ Castle from back in Episode 11. Russ is known as the niche authority. With a successful independent agency, he is back to give us an update on his story and the lessons he has learned over the past few years.
- Starting his niche marketing with fire sprinkler and extinguisher contractors, which was successful but not overly profitable
- His move into focusing on the habitational market
- The 10,000 hour rule to see success
- Russ’s marketing strategy to generate interest from the proposals sent out which sent him from county to state wide
- Facing the challenges of getting quotes out quickly in a time that technology was not where it was today
- Obtaining lists from the right people and investing the time and effort into them
- Utilizing direct mail to access and maintain clients
- Building success in a niche with only three employees
- Writing a book to help others not only in habitational insurance but his knowledge on being a landlord
About Our Guest:
Russ is a third-generation independent broker from Redwood City, CA (Silicon Valley).
Over 30 years ago he started his career and soon discovered that specializing in niches was the future for his agency. He has been growing his brokerage insuring landlords all over CA for almost 20 years. As
a member of the Unstoppable Profit Producer Platinum Coaching Member since 2016, led by Mike Stromsoe, I frequently collaborate with other agents to continually grow. Russ contributes this factor as a major part of his success.
Recently Russ was honored by Rough Notes magazine as the Agent of the Month. In that article he shared this…
“To sum up: I’m living the dream, and I haven’t had to disappoint my children. When my son went to New York to pursue his acting dream, I was there for his performances. My wife and I are empty nesters now. Our two children have grown up, and we can come and go when we want. This business allows for that. Last year, I was out of the office for more than 50 days, part of that spent on my other full-time job of overseeing facilities at Menlo Park’s Church of the Nativity and Nativity Catholic School, including building a new gym. The best part was seeing the kids’ faces when it was done. We also went to Kenya with our Rotary group and installed a computer system in a school on Pate Island and a water treatment plant in the Mara for the Maasai people.”
“My ultimate goal is to be known as someone who helped others achieve more,” Russ concludes.
Russ is living the #UPPlife!
Until next time, get out there and make a difference, be unstoppable, and leave no regrets!
The Unstoppable Profit Producer