Manage episode 293107704 series 2391288
In Episode 106, Greg and Pam discuss buzzwords, beads, and beanies.
Special thanks to FrettyBetty Mandi for the intro!SPONSORS
We are excited to be sponsored by Plum Deluxe Online Tea Shop! Plum Deluxe takes the highest quality ingredients and creates in-house blends that are unique and delicious. Our teas give you the best reasons to slow down, to do whatever it is you’re going to do, whether that’s reading your favorite book, writing a piece of prose, a goofy happy dance in the kitchen with your favorite cuppa, or simply staring out of a window. Teas that are punctuated by flavor, aroma, and taste help with whatever moments are ahead of you and make them feel better than they ever did before you poured the tea. We also mentioned their amazing Facebook group for customers! Pam mentioned the blue Butterfly Pea Flower tea that changes colors. Here is a cool video.
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.NOTES Dear Listeners
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.Yarn In the News
Pam’s Aunt Ellen shared an article from the Boston Globe, How to knit your way to a peaceful state of mind. The article interviewed author Ann Hood and we mentioned two of her books. The Knitting Circleand Comfort: A Journey Through Grief.Greg’s Projects
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. In order to avoid second-sock-syndrome, he knits the second sock first and he’s done with that, now! So just one more sock to go.
- Greg is (not) working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now.
- This year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL started and Greg recovered from the carnage caused when he destroyed some yarn by crushing beads. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm.
- Pam keeps mentioning jogless stripes. Here is a tutorial.
- Pam finished and cast on another Streamline Beanie by Marianne Mueller. She is using KnitPicks Mighty Stitch.
- Pam cast on the Namaste Yoga Socks by Brenda Castiel. She is using Ice Yarns Print Sock.
- Pam’s Chilkat Cowl by Romi Hill is resting while she ponders the best way forward. She is using Artyarns Merino Cloud Gradients.
- She worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks. She is basically using the Vanilla Latte Socks pattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam worked on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She started with a Double Crochet Foundation (actual term) and used this tutorial. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam’s daughter crocheted a quick top from a Tiktok tutorial. If anyone is interested, reach out to Pam and she will get links for you!
- Be sure to get your copy of Knitting Rules! The Yarn Harlot Unravels the Mysteries of Swatching, Stashing, Ribbing & Rolling to Free Your Inner Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and follow along with our discussion.Next episode we will cover the first half of chapter 8, all about sweaters!
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
- We announced our next book club book: The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes.
- Greg went to baseball games for both the Winston-Salem Dash and the Greensboro Grasshoppers. (The home team lost both games.)
- Greg mentioned his Crackerjack Scarf.
- We mentioned the gasoline pipeline disruption that affected parts of the East Coast of the US.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram