Manage episode 289725352 series 2391288
In Episode 101, Greg and Pam discuss sock blanks, leg mannequins, and mystery knits.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey!SPONSORS
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODENOTES Dear Listeners
We would love to have YOU record and introduction to the show! You can find details in the Ravelry Group Pages.Note on Ravelry Links
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.Yarn in the News
- Greg shared an article from March 2018, The Independent about knitting reducing anxiety, depression and other ailments.
- Greg completely finished the Rio Calina Cowl by Cat Bordhi. He used Knitologie Silken Worstedyarn in the Verdant colorway.
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. In order to avoid second-sock-syndrome, he knits the second sock first and he’s done with that, now! So just one more sock to go.
- Greg is (not) working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now. Hoping to pick it back up this weekend.
- This year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL started and Greg is diving in. Clue 1 was released while recording this episode and he is eager to jump in. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm.
- Pam gifted the Fish Hat by Thelma Egberts. It was a hit.
- She also worked on her Spinning for Socks Socks. She is basically using the Vanilla Latte Sockspattern by Virginia Rose-Jeanes.
- Pam finished the crochet motif Paws for another Christmas stocking. She used the pattern Supercute and Easy Paw by MaryJ Handmade. She used KnitPicks Palette held double.
- Pam is test knitting some gloves for a friend. She is using Bijou Basin Ranch Tibetan Dream (now closed).
- Pam cast on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She started with a Double Crochet Foundation (actual term) and used this tutorial. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Next episode we will cover the first half of chapter 7, all about scarves!
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has a Patreon account for $6 a month and it looks like she is offering great content.
- We gave away a prize for the March chatter on Ravelry!
- Pam apologized to Pikachu for calling her a goat. She is a beautiful Finn Sheep.
- We discussed Romi Hill, her Ravelry group and her annual Easter Egg Hunt. It looks like her Egg Hunt is now run in her Ravelry Group. One of Pam’s next pattern considerations is her pattern Chilkat Cowl.
- Pam mentioned princesses wrapping their babies in shawls. Turns out it’s A Thing. Kate Middleton did it. Meghan Markle did it. The Crown Princess Mary of Denmark did it and here is the pattern.
- Pam mentioned starting new knitters with the Easy Fingerless Gloves pattern.
- Pam also mentioned JUL Designs and that they have a styling video for shawls. She also found a lot of other videos of theirs that might be helpful for styling.
- Greg made chicken wings in his InstantPot. He uses Old Bay Hot Sauce, which is so good.
- Pam watched The Expanse. Pam and Greg are both enjoying the TV show called Resident Alien.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own, and we’re never compensated to endorse any particular product or service.Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram