The Beauty in Breaking, Healing & Learning Self-Trust w/ NY Times Best-Selling Author, Dr. Michele Harper
Manage episode 283299825 series 2521173
Dr. Michele Harper is a Harvard grad, ER doctor, author and overall magical, spiritual person. In her recent New York Times Best-selling book, The Beauty in Breaking, she tells her story of healing: from her childhood and into her medical career. The book addresses her journey to understand and heal from her childhood trauma, as well as her experiences of and observations on structural racism in healthcare system...Both in what she has experienced as a Black Woman working in healthcare and how she has seen the system affect her patients...despite the many challenges, she does what she has always felt called to do: heal others and herself, as much as she possibly can.
From this conversation you’ll learn:
- How writing can help you heal
- Questions to ask yourself when you feel defeated
- Why growth can look like failure
- How to cultivate compassion for other people’s scars
- Ways to process childhood trauma and parent yourself
- Why healing is a practice, not an event
- How to help fight racism in healthcare
- The levels to learning a lesson
- How to learn self-trust
- Where fear of commitment comes from and how to bust it
- The importance of making choices from a place of integrity
- How to spark change from within the system
- Creative ways of spiritually expanding during the pandemic
- Why healthcare may be the barrier between you and your dreams
- What you can do to demand universal healthcare in America
- Complacency vs sustainable change
- Creative activism!
- The difference between love and co-dependence
- THE BEAUTY IN BREAKING!
- And More!
You can follow the show @UnleashYourInnerCreative
-You can follow me @LaurenLoGrasso
-Please leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your pods!--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/unleashyourinnercreative/message