Manage episode 284642311 series 2521173
Michael Jade, or Mikey, as I like to call him, is a singer, songwriter, and producer, signed with Warner/Chappell. He’s written songs for huge artists including Ava Max, David Guetta, G-Eazy, Little Big Town, Andy Grammer, Bea Miller, and so many more! He was also a finalist on both American Idol and The Voice Israel. Aside from his music career, he also has a deep curiosity for spirituality and meditation that he’s currently channeling into a fiction novel.
From this conversation you’ll learn:
- The importance of encouraging creativity in children
- How to find objectivity in creativity
- The importance of showing yourself compassion when trying something new!
- Inspiration vs plagiarism & the art of stealing
- How to conquer the creative slump
- Why being unproductive is part of the job
- How to overcome time-investment bias & LET GO
- How to listen & trust your body over your brain
- Meditation & the addiction to distraction
- Why being vulnerable is your superpower
- Why you should embrace your masculine AND feminine energy
- The importance of finding humility and humor in the bad days
- The many sources of creative ideas
- The transformative power of sleep
- How new creative projects will reinvigorate old ones
- How you may be treating your creative job like a corporate job
- The perks of exploring multiple disciplines
- How to know when you’re getting good advice
- The art of collaboration
- How to prioritize the art over the ego
- And More!