Manage episode 271519643 series 2521173
My guest today is a truly special human being, artist, writer, producer, advocate and business woman and I’m so honored to share her story with you. Her name is Ledisi, and some of her accolades include being a twelve-time Grammy nominated powerhouse vocalist, her three Soul Train Music awards, an NAACP Theater Award and 6 NAACP Image Award nominations. Ledisi and I sat down just over two weeks ago, the day before her most recent album, The Wild Card, came out. I wanted to have her on the show because of her incredible talent and unbreakable spirit. She is also one of the warmest people I've ever met and proof that you can have a very successful creative career and maintain your kindness/heart.
From our conversation you’ll learn:
- How to stay true to yourself on your creative path
- How to recover from creative monsters
- The importance of healing yourself first
- How to discover your biggest lesson
- How to develop stronger boundaries
- How to keep going when the odds are against you
- Craft a truly powerful cover song (and some great insider tips about singing, in general)
- How to take activism into your art
- The importance of self-care for creatives
- How to own your greatness
- The power of “no” & “I am”
- Recycle your fear!
- And much more!
Get Ledisi’s new Album, “The Wild Card” Here: https://ledisimusic.lnk.to/TheWildCard
Pre-Save my new single, “Freakshow” Here: https://ffm.to/laurenlofreakshowhttps://anchor.fm/app --- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/unleashyourinnercreative/message